| Home | | Check Out My Etsy Store | | Facebook | | | | Follow Me on Pinterest |

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Let's Catch Up!

     Axl and I enjoyed the 1940's White Christmas Ball.  However, I had a sinus infection coming on and both my man and I managed to wear shoes that caused our feet to ache so we gave up and went home early.  Kind of a bummer, but what can you do?  I was disappointed not to be able to watch the 1940's Starlet Competition but I was able to say hello to the lovely Haute Rockabilly Fashionista and wish her and her equally lovely friend, Tre, good luck in the competition.  These ladies have amazing vintage taste and style.  It was no surprise to me that one of them (Tre) won the competition.  
    The pictures Axl and I took at the ball did not turn out very well.  Especially, our picture with Santa.  I expected Santa to kind of ham it up and, from other photos I've seen, he did.  Maybe you had to request said hamming?  In our photo, Santa is just kind of...creepy.  To be fair, we are too.  Talk about some frozen smiles: 
I like this one better:
And this one:
     I found it odd that the theme of the ball was the movie White Christmas but they had props from It's A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story.  To each their own.  Maybe I'm a purist?  
     Because I am afraid of flying and because it is a 24-hour drive across several states in what could be snowy weather to get back to Kentucky, we decided to stay in Denver for the holidays.  It was tough to be away from our families but we had a terrific first Christmas as a newly married couple.  Axl surprised me with several gifts:  
I am in the process of making him a cowl scarf:
Denver had a white Christmas this year so Axl and I headed out into the snow.
Cheesman Park
Cheesman Park
Cheesman Park
The Big Blue Bear (a.k.a  I See What You Mean)
Cool violin maker's shop we passed on the way to Trve
Hellion at Trve Brewing
The sign in the bathroom at Trve.  I love it!

     The evening ended with the 'Doctor Who' 2012 Christmas special.  I am so excited to have (finally!) watched one of these as it aired on Christmas day.  Thanks, BBC America!
Illustration by Alice X. Zhang


Yours 'till bobby pins on permanent waves get seasick,
Meteor Vintage



2 comments:

Wendi said...

I love Cheesman Park. If I had known you were at Trve I would have joined you. I live 2 blocks away!

HRF

Meteor Vintage said...

That would have been great! We were the only folks there save for a couple who gave us the name of a dim sum restaurant to try. :D I am on on S. Broadway several times a week. You and I have to find time to get coffee!