| Home | | Check Out My Etsy Store | | Facebook | | | | Follow Me on Pinterest |

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Heartaches by the Number

Tonight, Ashen has laid very still on my shoulder. They were talking about elves on t.v. and I told her a story about when her mama was in high school, admiring the ears of a crush who'd come into the cafeteria one day with bright red ears because it was very cold outside. He became known amongst our group as "Elveres" because one of the gals misheard when I said he looked like he had "elf ears". As a fifteen-ish girl, this was a very big deal and I recognize that the re-telling lacks identifiable significance but all of this is to say I am savoring every moment I have left with my girl. I can tell she doesn't have much longer. I hate chronic renal failure.

No comments: